- Administers employee benefits programs to include 401K plans, employee assistance; health, term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and accidental death policies.
- Administers multi-employer 401K plan to include coordination with adopting employers.
- Coordinates human resources procedures to initiate benefits such as profit sharing, disability insurance, medical and life insurance
- Process and maintain all status reports, both on computer and paper system. Done timely and accurately including the COBRA program.
- Implement new benefit programs; arranges and conducts employee information presentations and enrollments.
- Assists management in evaluation of and compares existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information. Plans, develops, and/or participates in area and industry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- Assists management in developing specifications for new plans or modifies existing plans to maintain company's competitive position in labor market, and obtain uniform benefit package for all company locations, where possible.
- Recommends classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Develops census data and solicits insurance companies for quotations. Evaluates quotations and makes recommendations to management. Develops company cost information for new plans and makes recommendations to management concerning sharing of cost between employer and employee.
- Installs approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees. Conducts employee meetings and arranges for enrollment of employees in optional plans. Conducts employee benefit seminars for local personnel. Revises and reissues all communications material on benefits from time to time. Advises and counsels management and employees on existing benefits.
- Prepares and executes, with management and legal consultation, benefit documentation such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instructs insurance carriers, trustees, and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefit program. Ensures prompt and accurate compliance.
- Assures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Supervises preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinates company benefits, with government sponsored programs.
- Assures that existing and new benefit programs are adaptable to standardized computer and reporting systems. Develops benefit information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers, and management.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintains contact in person, and by phone or mail, with insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Plans and coordinates the company Wellness Program to include, but not limited to, employee challenges, initiatives, and educational sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor's degree and/or five (5) years’ experience in Benefits Administration
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
NON ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Ultipro HRIS experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal communications skills both orally and written
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- No or very limited physical effort required
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
To apply please visit